Cinnamon Sugar-Spiced Walnuts and Pistachios with Dried Cranberries
- Kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups raw unsalted walnuts
- 2 cups raw unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Mix 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and nutmeg in a small bowl; set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and brush a rimmed baking sheet lightly with vegetable oil. Whisk the egg white in a large bowl until frothy. Add the walnuts and pistachios. Sprinkle with the prepared spice blend and toss to coat. Spread the nut mixture evenly on the baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes; let cool on the baking sheet.
Add the cranberries to the nut mixture; toss to combine.
Photograph by Charles Masters
Thank you! your flag was submitted.