Citrus-Spiced Mixed Olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary, 2 bay leaves, or both
- Zest of 1 orange, peeled in long strips with a vegetable peeler
- Zest of 1 lemon, peeled in long strips with a vegetable peeler
- 12 ounces mixed olives, such as kalamata, nicoise, or cerignola, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put the olive oil, garlic, red pepper, herbs, and citrus zests in a medium skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, swirling the pan until the mixture is fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the olives, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is golden and the zest begins to curl, about 5 minutes more. Discard and remove bay leaves, if using. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Glossy, plump, and gorgeous, our Citrus-Spiced Mixed Olives are primo party starters. Toss 'em together, then leave them out while you mingle with your guests.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.