- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary, 2 bay leaves, or both
- Zest of 1 orange, peeled in long strips with a vegetable peeler
- Zest of 1 lemon, peeled in long strips with a vegetable peeler
- 12 ounces mixed olives, such as kalamata, nicoise, or cerignola, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put the olive oil, garlic, red pepper, herbs, and citrus zests in a medium skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, swirling the pan until the mixture is fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the olives, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is golden and the zest begins to curl, about 5 minutes more. Discard and remove bay leaves, if using. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Glossy, plump, and gorgeous, our Citrus-Spiced Mixed Olives are primo party starters. Toss 'em together, then leave them out while you mingle with your guests.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.