- 3 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 ripe avocado, split, pitted, and diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups mesclun greens
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing, homemade, recipe follows
Spread the bacon out on a paper towel on a microwave safe plate. Cover with another piece of paper towel, cook at full power in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Cool.
Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, layer the avocado, tomato, and eggs, seasoning them with salt and pepper, to taste, as you go. Top with the mesclun greens, then scatter the chicken on top. Crumble the bacon over the salad. Bring the salad to the table and toss with the dressing so all the ingredients are evenly mixed together. Serve.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.