- 2 ounces whiskey liqueur (recommended: Southern Comfort)
- 2 ounces pear nectar
- 1 tablespoon herbed spiced Spanish liqueur (recommended: Licor 43), see Cook's note
- 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- Ice cubes
- Thinly sliced Seckel or other small pear
- Serving suggestion: Cocktail glass
Fill a cocktail shaker or small pitcher with ice. Add the whiskey liqueur, pear nectar, Licor 43 and bitters. Cover and shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed and chilled, about 30 seconds. (In general, the drink is ready by the time the shaker mists up.) Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with the pear. Drink.
Copyright 2006 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Cook's note: Licor 43 is a sweet Spanish liquor made with 43 different herbs and spices. It has a pronounced vanilla flavor with a slight citrus note.