Corn and Pasta Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 4 ounces gemelli pasta
- 1 small garlic clove
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 small ears fresh corn
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, preferably mixed heirloom, halved
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 slices bacon, cooked until crisp in the microwave, and crumbled
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain and run under cold water to cool.
Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic clove on a cutting board; sprinkle with salt. Using the blade of a chef's knife, press down onto garlic, smashing it to make a paste. Add the garlic paste to a large bowl with the sour cream, buttermilk, cider vinegar and scallion; season with salt and pepper. Whisk the dressing until smooth and reserve.
Cut the kernels from the corn (breaking sheets of kernels into about 2-inch pieces, if desired). Add the corn, tomatoes, onion and arugula to bowl with dressing; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with the bacon.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
From Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond