- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/4-inch thick) (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
Put the carrots olive oil, butter, salt, cinnamon, ginger, in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the water and raisins to the carrots and bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous, pull the saucepan off the heat, cover, and set aside until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is plump and tender, about 10 minutes.
When ready to serve, fluff the couscous with a fork.
Copyright (c) 2005 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.