- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tri-tip, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch dice
- 12 assorted color baby bell peppers, cored and halved
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- Special equipment: 8 wooden skewers that have been soaked in water or 8 metal skewers.
1. Mix the butter, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, orange zest, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Add the beef, toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
2. Preheat a grill over high heat. Thread the beef, onions, and peppers onto 8 long skewers leaving 1/4-inch space between the meat and vegetables. Lightly brush the grill grates with oil. Arrange the skewers on the hot grill and grill, turning until the meat is medium-rare, about 2 to 3 minutes on each of the 4 sides. Transfer the kebabs to the platter and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 19 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 20 grams
Protein: 39 grams
Sodium: 244 milligrams
Cholesterol: 88 milligrams
Fiber: 5 grams