Crab Cakes with Creole Mustard Sauce
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lump crabmeat
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- Mixed spring greens, for serving
- Creole Mustard Sauce, recipe follows
- Creole Mustard Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preheat a George Foreman Grill to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, egg yolks, tarragon, onion, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and seasonings. Fold in crabmeat and bread crumbs. Form mixture into 2-inch balls.
Coat grill with a thin layer of vegetable oil. When oil is hot, grill crab cakes, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes each, turning over after 3 minutes or when golden brown.
Transfer crab cakes to a bed of spring greens and drizzle with Creole Mustard Sauce.Creole Mustard Sauce:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Team University of Missouri