Crab Cakes with Creole Mustard Sauce
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lump crabmeat
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- Mixed spring greens, for serving
- Creole Mustard Sauce, recipe follows
- Creole Mustard Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preheat a George Foreman Grill to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, egg yolks, tarragon, onion, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and seasonings. Fold in crabmeat and bread crumbs. Form mixture into 2-inch balls.
Coat grill with a thin layer of vegetable oil. When oil is hot, grill crab cakes, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes each, turning over after 3 minutes or when golden brown.
Transfer crab cakes to a bed of spring greens and drizzle with Creole Mustard Sauce.Creole Mustard Sauce:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Team University of Missouri
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse