- One 3-pound head green cabbage, trimmed, shredded, and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrot, onion, and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, pineapple juice, sugar, and celery seed. Toss the vegetables with the dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. This slaw is best if served within a day.
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.