- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup super-fine sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar using a mixer until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Beat in egg and then vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture until a soft dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Drop dough in heaping tablespoons, 3 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies until brown around edges, about 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough, allowing pans to cool in between batches.
Nutrition Info (per cookie):
Total Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 17 grams
Protein: 1 grams
Sodium: 60 milligrams
Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram