Crispy Potatoes with Bacon, Garlic, and Parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, quartered with skin (about 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- Kosher salt, plus 1 teaspoon
- 3 pieces bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 to 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Meanwhile, put the bacon in a well-seasoned cast iron skillet or a saute pan over medium-low heat, and cook until nearly all the fat has rendered and the bacon is crispy, aromatic, and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
Add the 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter or oil to the remaining bacon fat. Increase the heat to medium. Add the potatoes, positioning them in the pan so the cut sides get nice and brown. Cook turning only as needed until the potatoes are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Stir in the parsley, garlic, and bacon and stir until fragrant and lightly browned. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Serve.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens