Cuban-Style Grilled Salmon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons or limes
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 6 -ounce center-cut salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 14 -ounce can hearts of palm, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
Preheat a grill to medium high. In a large bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, the garlic, shallots, cumin, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt and half of the cilantro. Add the salmon and turn to coat. Let marinate 15 minutes at room temperature.
Meanwhile, toss the hearts of palm and tomatoes in a bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice of the remaining lemon, and the rest of the cilantro. Season with salt.
Brush the grill with vegetable oil. Grill the salmon, round side down, until marked on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn and continue grilling until marked on the other side and cooked through, 2 to 3 more minutes. Divide the salmon among plates. Serve with the greens and hearts of palm salad; drizzle the juices from the salad over the greens.
Per serving: Calories 483; Fat 33 g (Saturated 6 g); Cholesterol 89 mg; Sodium 1,005 mg; Carbohydrate 13 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 36 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Salmon with Citrus Butter, Grilled Salmon with Red Wine BBQ Sauce, Hazelnut Butter and Cracked Wheat Salad with Grilled Vegetables, Grilled Salmon with Sherry Vinegar-Honey Glaze and Spicy Tomato Relish, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Salmon Recipes, Easy Brunch, Easy Pasta, Easy Casserole, Easy Shrimp
Thank you! your flag was submitted.