This salsa is as refreshing as the drink it was inspired by. Bonus: it gets even better if it's refrigerated overnight, so make ahead for your next get-together or game day celebration.
- 1 jicama, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 pound)
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 12 ounces)
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 Fresno pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup gin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips for serving
Place the jicama in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Remove to a medium bowl. Stir in the cucumber, onion, pepper, gin, oil, sugar, lime juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved