- 3 medium cucumbers (about 2 1/4 pounds), peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
In a large bowl, mix the cucumbers and salt and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
In a colander in the sink, drain and rinse the cucumbers thoroughly under cold running water. Set aside to drain for 10 minutes.
Press down on the cucumbers to extract as much liquid as possible. Transfer the cucumbers to a large bowl and mix with the sour cream, dill, vinegar, cayenne, and season with pepper to taste. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.