Curried Chicken Salad on Apple Rounds
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
These clever little low-calorie and gluten-free sandwiches use apple rounds to stand in for the bread. We prefer crisp, red varieties but[ Granny Smiths work just as well.]
- 1/2 cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded, skin and bones discarded (about 2 cups meat)
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 small stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 large crisp red apples, such as Pink Lady or Honeycrisp
- 8 small Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, scallions, curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken, pecans, parsley, celery and raisins and fold to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use (up to 3 days).
Core the apples and cut each into six to eight 1/4-inch thick rounds, for a total of 16 rounds. Arrange a lettuce leaf on 8 apple rounds and top each with about 1/4 cup of chicken salad. Sandwich with the remaining apple slices. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis