Curried Deviled Eggs
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 25 min
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney, finely chopped, if chunky
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus leaves for topping
- Kosher salt
1. Place eggs in medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook 7 minutes. Drain and transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water until cool, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the curry powder and cook until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a medium bowl.
3. Peel eggs, then halve lengthwise, and pop the yolks from the whites. Set the whites aside, rounded side up on a plate. Mix the yolks into the curry oil, along with the yogurt, blending until smooth. Stir in the chutney, chopped cilantro, and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spoon the yolk mixture into the whites and top with a dusting of curry powder and cilantro leaf, if desired. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Total Fat: 3.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 2 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Sodium: 115 milligrams
Cholesterol: 106 milligrams
Fiber: 0 gram