- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (preferably Madras-style)
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mango chutney, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 10-ounce bag broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until al dente; drain and toss with the milk in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, toast the curry powder in a small dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in the peanut oil and cook until the oil is curry-colored; let cool. Whisk the mayonnaise, chutney and curry oil in a large bowl, then whisk in the vinegar to make a smooth dressing. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
Photograph by Rick Lew