Almond milk makes this dairy-free. The heat from the ginger and curry counter the sweetness of the potatoes, and the lime adds a bright kick at the end.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 thin slices peeled fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 lime
- Toasted sliced almonds, for garnish, optional
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish, optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap each sweet potato in foil, put on a baking sheet and bake until soft, 1 hour. Let cool slightly.
Combine the almond milk, curry powder and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced by a third, about 5 minutes. Discard the ginger.
Pour any sugary juices from the sweet potato foil wrappers into a food processor. Peel the sweet potatoes and add the flesh to the food processor. Add the almond milk mixture and 1/2 teaspoon salt and puree until smooth.
Transfer to a serving bowl and squeeze the lime over the finished puree. Garnish with almonds and cilantro if desired and serve warm.