- Two 6 ounce cans white meat tuna packed in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins, plumped in 2 tablespoons warm water for 10 minutes, drained
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, like soy, peanut, or corn
- 2 teaspoons Madras-style curry powder
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice plus more to taste
- Serving suggestions: 2 cups mixed lettuces or 3 to 4 pita breads
In a mixing bowl break the tuna up with a fork. Toss with the onion, fresh coriander, and raisins.
In a small saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat, add the curry powder, and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove pan from the heat and set oil aside to cool.
Add the curry oil to the mayonnaise, season with salt, and pepper to taste and add the lime juice. Gently mix the tuna with the seasoned mayonnaise. Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a sandwich.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.