- 1 1/2 pounds daikon, peeled
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 1 3/4 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Shave the daikon into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Toss with 1/4 teaspoon salt in a colander; let drain in the sink, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, shave the carrots into ribbons with the peeler.
Toast the sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until the white seeds are golden, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon seeds to the dressing.
Toss the daikon and carrots with the dressing and season with salt. Top with the remaining sesame seeds.
Per Serving: Calories: 185; Total Fat: 15 grams; Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams; Protein: 5 grams; Total carbohydrates: 12 grams; Sugar: 4 grams; Fiber: 2 grams; Cholesterol:0 milligrams; Sodium: 163 milligrams
Photograph by Con Poulos