Shaking and stirring not required. This quick and easy salsa can be made in less than 30 minutes and captures the essence of a dirty martini.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped canned pimento peppers (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or vegetable oil
- Juice of 1/2 a large lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup unstuffed, pitted Spanish olives, plus sliced olives for garnish
- 1/2 cup pickled cocktail onions, plus some for garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive brine
- 1 clove garlic
- Vegetable chips, for serving
Put the pimentos, vodka, vermouth, oil, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a food processor. Pulse until smooth, but still slightly chunky. Add the olives, onions, olive brine and garlic, and pulse until coarsely chopped. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight. Garnish with sliced olives and a few cocktail onions. Serve with vegetable chips.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved