- muOne 8- to 10-pound bone-in, smoked, fully-cooked ham, butt or shank portion
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Let the ham sit at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Trim off any skin from the ham if needed. Score the ham through the fat in a diagonal crosshatch pattern without cutting into the meat. Place the ham, flat-side down, on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour 1/4 inch of water into the bottom of the pan. Roast the ham until it reaches an internal temperature of about 130 degrees F, about 2 1/2 hours or 15 minutes per pound.
Meanwhile, mix the mustards and honey together in a small bowl. Mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme and olive oil together in another bowl.
Remove the ham from the oven when it has reached 130 degrees F internally. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Spoon or brush the mustard mixture all over the ham. Carefully pat the crumbs all over the ham. Add water as needed to the bottom of the pan. Return the ham to the oven and roast until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 25 minutes more.