- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed cinnamon sticks (preferably Mexican), plus more for topping
- 2 teaspoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- Plain doughnut holes, for dipping
- Pulse the cinnamon and almonds in a blender until pulverized.
Bring the milk and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the sugar and chocolate to the blender; pour in the hot milk and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and top with cinnamon. Serve with the doughnuts.
Photographs by Con Poulos