Edamame Soup with Mushrooms and Spinach
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound frozen shelled edamame (about 3 cups)
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced (about 9 ounces)
- Kosher salt
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cubed black forest ham (about 2 1/2 ounces), optional
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sriracha or other hot sauce, for serving
1. Heat a medium pot over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil, the scallion whites, and garlic. Cook until softened, 1 minute. Add 7 cups of water, the edamame, and potato; season with salt and cover. Once the soup boils, remove the lid and cook until the edamame and potato are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool slightly and then carefully blend with an immersion until smooth (or in a traditional blender in batches). Keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then add the mushrooms, ham, if using, and scallion greens. Cook until the mushrooms brown, about 3 minutes, and then add the spinach, stirring until it wilts. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper.
3. When ready to serve, gently reheat the soup and add rice wine vinegar. Ladle soup into 4 bowls and spoon some of the mushrooms, ham, and spinach into each bowl. Drizzle in the hot sauce as desired. Serve.
Total Fat: 12 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 33 grams
Protein: 17 grams
Sodium: 426 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Fiber: 8.5 grams
More Recipes and Ideas:
Soup and Salad, with Style: Salad Lyonnaise and Leek and Potato Soup, Butternut Squash Soup With Chicken Sausage, Roasted Red Pepper Soup With Broccoli Pesto Trees, Easy Main Dish, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.