- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 pounds broccolini (2 to 3 bunches), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 8 slices sharp provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- Sliced pepperoncini, plus brine from the jar, for topping
- Potato chips, for serving (optional)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the broccolini, garlic, 2 tablespoons water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccolini is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
Whisk the eggs, 2 tablespoons water, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring gently with a rubber spatula, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Divide the cheese, broccolini and scrambled eggs among the rolls. Top with pepperoncini and drizzle with pepperoncini brine. Serve with chips.
Per serving: Calories 660; Fat 37 g (Saturated 15 g); Cholesterol 362 mg; Sodium 1,196 mg; Carbohydrate 46 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 36 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani