For the granola:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
For the yogurt:
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Honey, for drizzling (optional)
Make the granola: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Toss the oats, pistachios, wheat germ, sesame seeds, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, olive oil, cinnamon, cardamom and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from the oven and stir in the coconut. Return the granola to the oven and bake until golden, 20 to 25 more minutes, stirring halfway through.
Meanwhile, make the yogurt: Whisk the Greek yogurt, eggnog and nutmeg to taste in a bowl until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Remove the granola from the oven and stir in the dried cranberries and apricots. Serve warm or at room temperature with the eggnog yogurt; drizzle with honey and sprinkle with nutmeg. Store extra granola in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Photograph by Anna Williams