- 1 cup farro or barley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears corn)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (any color), halved
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch arugula, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
Cook the farro as the label directs. Drain and rinse under cold water, then transfer to a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to char, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and scallions and cook, stirring, until they just begin to wilt, about 2 more minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
Stir the corn mixture into the farro. Add the arugula, lemon zest and lemon juice and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Photograph by Kana Okada