- Total Time:
- 28 min
- 8 min
- 20 min
- 6 servings
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound dry egg fettuccine
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 pinches freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Boil the pasta until al dente, tender but still slightly firm.
Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter and whisk in the cream and nutmeg and bring just to a simmer. Lower the heat to keep the mixture just warm.
Drain the pasta in a colander and reserve some of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the cream mixture, toss with the cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste. If the pasta mixture has become thick and tight, thin it with some of the reserved cooking water. Serve immediately in heated bowls.
From Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine