- Kosher salt
- 1 large yellow tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow squash, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives (about 1 small bunch)
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces dried egg fettuccine
- 4 ounces wax beans (about 2 cups), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Toss the tomato, squash, chives, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt. Sprinkle in half of the goat cheese.
Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as the label directs, adding the wax beans to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and beans and add to the bowl with the vegetables. Drizzle with the reserved cooking water and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss until the goat cheese begins to melt. Add the parmesan and toss. Divide among bowls and top with the remaining goat cheese.
Per serving: Calories 557; Fat 21 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 23 mg; Sodium 227 mg; Carbohydrate 72 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 21 g
Photograph by Andrew Purcell