Filet Mignon with Mustard Cream and Wild Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
These bold and classic flavors pair on the plate and the palate to form the perfect platform for the rich and intriguing cabernet sauvignon[ varietal. If you close your eyes, you can quite easily imagine you are taking in the rustic French countryside.]
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms, such as shiitake and cremini, trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) beef fillets, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish, optional
1. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 6 minutes.
2. Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet over high heat until hot. Sprinkle the beef generously with salt and pepper. Sear over medium-high heat, turning once halfway through, until browned, about 12 minutes for medium. Transfer the beef to a platter.
3. Add the shallots to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the mustard and heavy cream and bring to a boil, cooking until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley. Spoon the sauce on a plate; place the beef on the sauce and scatter the mushrooms over top. Garnish with additional parsley, if desired.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Filet Mignon with Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette, Lavender Fine Herb Goat Cheese and Butter Lettuce, Perfect Char-Grilled Filet Mignon, Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Toasted Goat Cheese and Twice Cooked Red Chile Sauce, Turkey Breast Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Cornish Hen Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.