Grab a plate, scoop and then dip. These five layers are inspired by a favorite diner sandwich: we love to serve this with rye bread toasts or crackers for an extra boost of caraway. Make the day before and refrigerate to save time on game day.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups prepared dry coleslaw mix
- 2 cups prepared sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 8 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 1/2 cup prepared chili sauce, such as Heinz
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 slices seeded rye bread, toasted and cut into small pieces
- Rye bread toasts, rye crackers or potato chips for serving
Combine the Swiss cheese, 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise, the mustard, cream cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a food processor. Blend until very smooth. Remove and set aside. Rinse out the food processor bowl.
Combine the coleslaw, sauerkraut, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Remove and set aside. Rinse out the food processor bowl.
Add the corned beef to the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
Whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise, the chili sauce, ketchup and a few grinds of black pepper for the sauce.
Layer the dip in your favorite 3-quart serving dish. Spread out the cheese mixture on the bottom. Then top with, in even layers, the corned beef, rye bread, sauce and sauerkraut mixture.
Wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight. Serve with rye bread toasts, rye crackers or potato chips.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved