- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more as needed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
In another bowl, beat the eggs and then whisk in the milk and vanilla.
Melt the butter in a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium to medium-low heat.
Keeping the skillet at medium to medium low heat, ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet, to make a pancake. Make one or two more pancakes, taking care to keep them evenly spaced apart. Cook, until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook about 1 minute more on the second side. Serve immediately or transfer to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the skillet as needed.
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved