- 3 cups frozen curly french fries (about 9 ounces)
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickle, plus a splash of pickle juice from the jar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 romaine hearts, torn
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Toasted sesame seeds, for topping (optional)
- Bake the french fries as the label directs until crisp. Let cool.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes per side; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Cool slightly, then break the bacon into pieces.
Add the french fries, bacon, tomatoes, red onion, romaine and cheddar cheese to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the salad among bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Photograph by Charles Masters