- 4 cups frozen curly french fries (about 12 ounces)
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pita chips and/or vegetable sticks, for dipping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the french fries on a baking sheet and bake until golden and warmed through, about 10 minutes.
Put the garlic, almonds and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add the french fries, lemon juice, 1 1/4 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pulse until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with pita chips and/or vegetables.
Photograph by Charles Masters