- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 plums, pitted and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 to 3 ounces crumbled gorgonzola (or other blue cheese)
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted or grilled
Cut or tear the prosciutto into bite-size pieces. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the prosciutto in a single layer (you may need to do this in two batches); cook, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 1 minute per side. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk the vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste into the oil to make a smooth dressing. Add the peaches, plums and red onion to the skillet; toss to coat and wilt the onion slightly. Transfer the mixture to a large serving bowl.
Per serving: Calories 304; Fat 18 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 29 mg; Sodium 1,193 mg; Carbohydrate 26 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 13 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos