- Kosher salt
- 1 pound fusilli
- 3/4 cup salted roasted mixed
- nuts, plus chopped nuts for topping
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces spinach, tough stems removed
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs; drain and return to the pot.
Meanwhile, make the pesto: Pulse the nuts and garlic in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the spinach in batches, pulsing until chopped. Add the lemon zest and juice. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream; process until smooth, 1 minute. Add 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
Add the pesto and tomatoes to the pot with the pasta, season with salt and pepper and toss. Divide among bowls; drizzle with olive oil and top with chopped nuts.
Photograph by Kang Kim