Garden Egg Salad
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions (white and green), thinly sliced,
- 1 rib celery, minced, scant 1/2 cup
- 2 radishes, grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup pea or other sprouts
Put the eggs in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from the heat. Set aside for 12 minutes. Drain the eggs and roll them between your palm and the counter to crack the shell, then peel under cool running water.
Dice the eggs. Combine the eggs with mayonnaise, mustard and season with the salt and pepper. Stir in the scallions, celery, and radish.
Divide the egg salad among the lettuce leaves, top with the sprouts and roll up. Serve 2 rolls per serving.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse