- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Toss the chickpeas with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large baking dish, then spread out in a single layer. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss the shrimp with 4 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Marinate 10 minutes.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and scatter the shrimp over the chickpeas. Return to the oven and bake until the shrimp are pink, 5 to 8 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: Calories 559; Fat 25 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 215 mg; Sodium 984 mg; Carbohydrate 40 g; Fiber 9 g; Protein 41 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos