- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Toss the chickpeas with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large baking dish, then spread out in a single layer. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and scatter the shrimp over the chickpeas. Return to the oven and bake until the shrimp are pink, 5 to 8 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: Calories 559; Fat 25 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 215 mg; Sodium 984 mg; Carbohydrate 40 g; Fiber 9 g; Protein 41 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos