- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 10 min
- 15 min
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1/2 to 1 ounce Ginger Syrup, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Candied ginger and lime twist, for garnish
- Ginger Syrup:
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh ginger with peel (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
Fill a cocktail shaker or small pitcher with ice. Add vodka, ginger syrup, and lime juice. Cover and shake or stir vigorously until combined and chilled, about 30 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with candied ginger and lime twist and serve.
1. Remove outer peel of lemon (without white pith) with a vegetable peeler. Finely chop peel and ginger in a food processor.
2. Transfer lemon-ginger mixture to a medium saucepan. Add sugar and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Strain mixture and cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Total Fat: 0 grams
Saturated Fat: 0 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 0 grams
Protein: 0 grams
Sodium: 0 milligrams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Fiber: 0 gram
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved