- 2 equal-size center cut salmon fillets, with skin attached (3 pounds each, about 6 pounds total)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cracked coriander seeds
- 1 large bunch of dill (stems and leaves), coarsely chopped
- 2 to 4 tablespoons golden rum
- For serving: black bread, mustard, minced purple onion, and capers, if desired
Lay both salmon fillets skin side down. Pull the pin bones from the fillets, if needed. Mix the sugar, salt, white pepper, and coriander together. Spread the mixture over both fillets, then scatter the dill on top with a splash of the rum. Sandwich the fillets together, skin side out, and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Set the package on a baking sheet, and cover with another baking sheet. Weigh with 2 to 3 bricks or cans along the length of the fish. Refrigerate for 3 days, flipping the fish every 24 hours.
On the third day, unwrap the fish, quickly rinse under cold running water, and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.