Layer fresh Greek salad toppings over a cool yogurt dip with sweet cucumber and creamy feta cheese for a refreshing, lighter-tasting option at parties.
- 1 seedless cucumber
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small vine ripe or plum tomatos, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, such as kalamata or nicoise, coarsely chopped
- Warm pita bread and/or root vegetable chips (such as Terra Chips), for serving
Grate the cucumber on the large holes of a box grater into a bowl. Toss with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pour into a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Using your hands and working with a bit of the cucumber at a time, squeeze the excess liquid out of the cucumber and place the cucumber in a large bowl. Add the yogurt, feta, garlic, 1/4 cup of the chopped mint, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the bowl with the cucumber. Stir to combine and add more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a shallow serving bowl.
Toss the tomatoes, red onion, olives and remaining 2 tablespoons mint together in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the cucumber mixture. Serve the dip with warm pita or vegetable chips.
- Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.