- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fennel or anise seeds
- 1/2 to 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup pitted green olives, such as picholine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or orange juice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Ficelle (thin baguette), thinly sliced and toasted
1. Put the raisins, fennel seeds, and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
2. Pulse the garlic, olives, lemon juice, and olive oil until coarsely chopped. Add the raisin mixture and pulse 4 or 5 times. Spoon onto the crostini and season with a few cracks of freshly ground pepper.
3. Spoon tapenade onto toasts, arrange on a platter. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 17 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 25 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Sodium: 873 milligrams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Fiber: 1.5 grams