Green Beans with Shallots
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 10 min
- 20 min
- 1 pound fresh green bean, stem ends trimmed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat and salt it generously. Add green beans and cook, uncovered, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with very cold water until beans are cool. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallot is just golden, about 2 minutes. Add green beans, increase heat to high, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are heated through, about 4 minutes. Season beans with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence