Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
For this bright margarita, use your favorite tequila (we loved it with silver).
- Lime wedge, for rim of glass, plus lime slice, for garnish
- Coarse salt, for rim of glass
- 2 ounces Super Green Juice, recipe follows
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- Super Green Juice:
- 1 to 2 large, juicy lemons, peel and pith removed
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored
- 2 romaine leaves
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 1 cup loosely packed hearty greens, such as spinach or kale
Moisten the rim of a margarita glass with a wedge of lime, and then roll the glass at an angle in the salt so that only the outside of the glass is salted.
Combine the Super Green Juice, tequila and orange liqueur in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for 8 to 10 seconds. Strain into the prepared glass over ice. Garnish with a slice of lime.Super Green Juice:
Juice, in this order, the lemons, apple, romaine, cucumber and greens, following your juicer's specific settings for each. Serve the juice immediately over ice, if desired. Yield: 8 to 10 ounces
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.