Grilled Bitter Greens with Shaved Parmesan
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Radicchio is a robust lettuce whose bitterness is complemented by a quick flash on the grill. Grilled in quarters until the outside is slightly[ charred while the inner core stays crunchy and raw, the two textures get tossed together when chopped. The natural sweetness of orange and soft, buttery Parmesan bring the flavors to life, particularly when paired with a crisp white wine.]
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 heads radicchio, quartered through the core
- Crusty bread, for serving, such as a baguette
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 ounces fine-quality Parmesan, thinly shaved
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Whisk together 1/4 cup of the olive oil, anchovies, and orange juice in a bowl to make the dressing. Set aside.
2. Toss the radicchio quarters in a bowl with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Grill until lightly charred and beginning to wilt, turning occasionally, 7 to 10 minutes total. Meanwhile, brush or drizzle the bread with olive oil and toast alongside the radicchio.
3. Remove the radicchio and chop into bite-size pieces, discarding the core. Toss with the dressing and sprinkle with the parsley. Divide among 4 plates and shave the Parmesan over the top with a vegetable peeler. Serve with the grilled bread.
Total Fat: 22 grams
Saturated Fat: 4.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 4 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Sodium: 209 milligrams
Cholesterol: 14 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
Thank you! your flag was submitted.