- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 1/4 pounds (about 5 medium) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 to 6 pieces naan bread or pita
- Kosher salt
- Plain Greek yogurt, for serving
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly, then roughly chop.
Mix the ginger, cayenne and lime juice in a medium bowl, then stir in the onion, tomatoes and cilantro. Let sit at least 20 minutes at room temperature.
Preheat a grill to medium high. Brush the bread with olive oil and season with salt. Grill until warmed through and lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side; brush with more olive oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to the tomato salad and toss. Spread the bread with yogurt and top with the tomato salad.
Per servings (based on 6 servings; not including Greek yogurt): Calories: 366; Total Fat 10 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 12 grams; Total carbohydrates: 60 grams; Sugar: 8 grams Fiber: 8 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 743 milligrams
Photograph by Anna Williams