- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 to 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound skin-on, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices focaccia or whole-wheat Italian bread
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
Make the dressing: Chop 2 garlic cloves and puree with 1/2 cup olive oil, the anchovies and lemon juice in a blender until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
Pound the chicken with a mallet or heavy skillet until about 1/8 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper and toss with 1 tablespoon of the Caesar dressing. Grill the chicken until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Brush the bread with olive oil on both sides and grill, turning, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Rub with the remaining garlic clove. Brush the romaine with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dressing and grill until marked, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Chop the lettuce and transfer to a bowl.
Cut the bread and chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl. Toss with the remaining dressing, the parmesan, and pepper to taste. Garnish with more parmesan.
Per serving: Calories 610; Fat 44 g (Saturated 9 g); Cholesterol 85 mg; Sodium 565 mg; Carbohydrate 18 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 36 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos