Grilled Chicken Salad With Parmesan Breadcrumbs
- 1 plum tomato, halved
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, plus 2 tablespoons oil from the jar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bunch fresh basil, torn
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 cups Italian-blend salad greens or baby arugula
- 8 ounces bocconcini (small mozzarella balls), quartered
Preheat a grill to high. Puree the plum tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, oregano, a few basil leaves and 2 tablespoons parmesan in a blender, drizzling in the sun-dried tomato oil until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons water, if needed; season with salt and pepper.
Halve the chicken breasts horizontally to make four 1/4-inch-thick cutlets. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until marked on the bottom, about 4 minutes, then turn and grill until cooked through, about 3 more minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon parmesan and the parsley and cook until toasted, about 1 more minute.
Toss the salad greens and remaining basil in a large bowl. Cut the chicken into pieces and add to the greens along with the mozzarella. Toss with the dressing, then sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
Photographs by Kate Sears
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Chicken Salad with Apricot Glaze, Homemade Mustard Vinaigrette and Grape Salad, Marinated and Grilled Chicken Salad with Tropical Fruits, Marcona Almonds, Baby Lettuces and Lemon-Ginger Vinaigrette, Asian-Style Grilled Chicken Salad With Cherry-Peanut Dressing, Easy Barbecuing, Chicken and Rice Recipes, Easy Casserole, Ham Salad Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Tuna Salad Recipes