Grilled Chicken with Avocado Cucumber Salad
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Kirby cucumber with peel, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes and/or yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (about 1/2 lemon)
- Freshly squeezed juice half a lemon (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
1. In between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap, pound out 1 breast with the flat side of a meat mallet, until it becomes a thin piece, about 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
2.Heat a grill pan or preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high. Brush chicken breasts lightly with olive oil and season with coriander, salt, and black pepper to taste. Grill chicken, in batches if necessary, turning once, until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
3. Toss cucumber, tomatoes, onion, tarragon, lemon zest and juice, salt, and cayenne pepper in a serving bowl. Halve and pit avocado; press a knife into pit, twist, and lift out. Score flesh using a knife, and use a spoon to scoop it from skins and into salad; toss gently to combine. Serve chicken topped with salad.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoky Grilled Chicken Wings with Pickled Red Chiles, Dates and Fresh Mint, Asian-Style Grilled Chicken Salad With Cherry-Peanut Dressing, Marinated and Grilled Chicken Salad with Tropical Fruits, Marcona Almonds, Baby Lettuces and Lemon-Ginger Vinaigrette, Barbecuing, Salad Dressing, Caesar Salad Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Tomato Soup Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.