Grilled Chicken with Avocado Cucumber Salad
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 15 min
- 5 min
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Kirby cucumber with peel, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes and/or yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (about 1/2 lemon)
- Freshly squeezed juice half a lemon (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
1. In between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap, pound out 1 breast with the flat side of a meat mallet, until it becomes a thin piece, about 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
2.Heat a grill pan or preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high. Brush chicken breasts lightly with olive oil and season with coriander, salt, and black pepper to taste. Grill chicken, in batches if necessary, turning once, until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
3. Toss cucumber, tomatoes, onion, tarragon, lemon zest and juice, salt, and cayenne pepper in a serving bowl. Halve and pit avocado; press a knife into pit, twist, and lift out. Score flesh using a knife, and use a spoon to scoop it from skins and into salad; toss gently to combine. Serve chicken topped with salad.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen